Students and their guardians at participating campuses have the opportunity to earn a tuition scholarship covering the cost of classes to a partner college. Colleges covered through Dallas County Promise include:
- Dallas College
- UNT Dallas
- Southern Methodist University
- Midwestern State University
- University of Texas at Arlington
- Texas Woman's University
- Texas A&M Commerce
- Texas A&M University at Texarkana
Scholarship opportunities are available regardless of income or GPA requirements, specific to each partner college. There are both 2-year and 4-year direct entry options following graduation from high school. Seniors who participate in the Dallas County Promise program will also be matched with a success coach who will serve as a mentor beginning at the end of the senior year through college completion.
Our qualifying campuses are:
- Lakeview Centennial HS
- Garland HS
- South Garland HS
- North Garland HS
- Naaman Forest HS
Become a Promise Scholar
Seniors need to meet these deadlines in order to participate in the Dallas County Promise program.
- Sign the Promise Pledge and apply for admissions at a Promise partner college by Feb. 2, 2022.
- Complete your admission application to a Promise partner college through ApplyTX by March 1, 2022.
- Submit your FAFSA/TASFA financial aid application to a Promise partner college by March 1, 2022.
- Enroll and register for fall semester classes at a Promise partner college by July 27, 2022.
Ready to make the Promise Pledge?
If you are graduating in 2022 from our eligible high schools, the Dallas County Promise program can help you get an industry-based certification, associate and/or bachelor's degree.
Be a Promise Parent
Parents or guardians of Promise Scholars can earn a certificate, associate, bachelor or master's degree in an in-demand field of study at no cost by:
- Having a student at a qualifying high school
- Both parent and student applying to attend one of the partner college or universities
- The family having an Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) of less than $55,000
Interested seniors can contact their campus counselor for more information.
For more information about the program, participating colleges and FAQs, visit the Dallas County Promise website.
What about other college costs?
Promise Scholars who also meet income and GPA requirements can receive the Rising Star Scholarship to cover the cost of textbooks.
What about a bachelor's degree?
Promise Scholars that complete an associate degree at a Dallas College campus have access to transfer scholarships available at Promise partner colleges. Students must meet the admissions and scholarship requirements at each university.