About counseling

We are dedicated to promoting a positive school environment and improving the academic achievement of all students. Individual and group counseling is provided to students whose personal concerns or problems put their personal, social, career and/or educational development at risk.

Connect with your counselors

Our counseling team is ready to support families who are dealing with trauma, stress, anxiety, grief, homelessness, abuse, and many other issues facing our community today.

Let us know what you need. Use our Virtual Counselor Request form to connect with resources.

A teacher helping a student

Academic and CCMR advising

Our school counselors are here to guide students in making effective middle and high school plans.
Two counselors sitting at a table with resources

Responsive Services

We are here to help our students work through personal circumstances, mental health, crises and more.
A student organizing images into "kind" and "not kind" in an SEL lesson

Social and Emotional Learning

Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) instruction helps students academically, emotionally and socially.
A GISD volunteer handing out food

Wellness and support resources

Find resources for mental health, crisis, shelter, food and more in our community.

Special Needs safety decals

The Rowlett Police Department is working with our district to help keep students safe. They have provided special stickers for families to use on their homes and vehicles to help police officers during encounters with community members who are non-verbal, have a mental, emotional or intellectual disability, or have a different special need.

Use of the stickers is voluntary. To request a sticker or get more information, ask a Responsive Services counselor, your school counselor, or email askcounseling@garlandisd.net.

Report child abuse

Texas law requires that any person suspecting that a child has been abused or neglected must immediately make a report. If there is an emergency, call 911 and then call the DFPS Texas Abuse Hotline at 1-800-252-5400. You can also make a report online. If you need assistance, talk to your school counselor.

Related pages

Contact us

We're here to help. For more information about counseling services, contact: