Help prevent suicide. There is help. There is hope. If you or anyone you know is having suicidal thoughts, talk to a trusted adult.
Call 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or text "HOME" to 741741.
Learn more about mental health on the National Alliance on Mental Illness website.
Know what to look for
- Depressed or irritable mood
- Decreased interest or pleasure in activities
- Change in appetite or weight
- Sleeping more or less than usual
- Feeling restless or slowed down
- Fatigue or loss of energy
- Decreased concentration
- Using drugs or alcohol
- Recent thoughts of death or suicide
Know what to do
Take it seriously…
- Listen non-judgmentally
- Ask direct questions
- Be supportive
- Offer hope