Services that support your work
Multiple departments offer our employees special services for living, learning and operating in the district in addition to benefits resources.
Services cover topics such as:
- Media and promotion
- Language services
- Grants and quality of life
- Technology and maintenance help
Available ServicesExpand All
Children of district employees can attend prekindergarten through our ECSE Prekindergarten Inclusion Program. This program connects the children of employees and children with disabilities in an inclusive instructional setting.
These classes feature:
- Certified Pre-K and SPED teachers
- Free Pre-K during the school year
- State-approved Pre-K curriculum
- Optional Pre-K on professional development days and before/after school care (fees apply)
Prekindergarten hours will be 8:10 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Extended hours are from 6:50 a.m. - 5 p.m. and professional development hours will be 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- The parent, guardian, or grandparent of the child must be a current/active employee of Garland ISD.
- The child must be 3 or 4 years old by Sept. 1, 2022.
- The child cannot receive SPED services.*
*To keep the ratio of children correct for an inclusive environment, a child may not continue in the same class if they are determined eligible for special education services by the ARD/IEP committee.
If you are interested in optional Professional Development days and/or before/afterschool care, fill out the ECSE Pre-K Opt In/Out form.
Critical district information, such as emergency school closings and districtwide crisis communication, is generated through GISD Communications. For the most reliable updates, check the following district information channels:
Our Grants Development and Management department assists Garland ISD personnel in obtaining external funding for educational programs that prepare our students for academic success.
To find out more, visit the Grant department intranet page (must be logged in with district credentials to view).
In addition, the Garland ISD Education Foundation receives donations from a variety of businesses and individuals and uses the donations to provide grants for classroom learning projects, field trips, classroom supplies and equipment, student and teacher scholarships, and school programs that benefit student needs.
We have staff working around the clock to maintain our buildings and grounds. Our team of carpenters, electricians, HVAC mechanics, painters and plumbers work together to make sure that our facilities provide a safe, attractive and efficient environment for everyone.
To report a maintenance issue during school hours, please submit a Maintenance Request.
To let the maintenance team know about issues after hours and during the weekend, contact:
24-hour Security Dispatch
GISD Printing Services provides fast, affordable, professional-quality printing to district schools and departments. Full print and bindery service is available. They also manage mail delivery throughout the district.
Printing Services also provides additional services such as signage, t-shirts, banners, and promotional items. See the list of services below for more information
Contact Printing Services for all your design and printing needs.
Requesting our services
Find guidelines and information below.
How to place a print order
- A Print Shop Order Request (GP-150) should accompany every job. Attaching a previous sample of the material to be printed is another way to ensure accuracy. Please email the completed GP-150 Print Request Form to GISD Print Shop Orders.
- Once Printing Services receives the Request Form, the job will be quoted and the customer will receive an email with quoted price. This quote must be signed and returned before any printing can begin.
- A Print Shop Order Request followed by the design for the T-Shirt to start the process.
- A quote will be emailed to the individual requesting the shirts. It must be signed and returned before we can move forward with the project.
- Ink and design proofs will be sent out next. This will tell them what type of shirt, the blend and color.
- A sample proof will be emailed. This is a proof of the screen. Once signed and returned printing of the shirts can begin.
List of services
Printing, copying and screen printing
- Newsletters and flyers
- Presentation handouts
- Business cards, letterhead, envelopes
- Event programs
Signage, banners, posters and decals
- Foam board
- Window and door decals
- Floor decals and wall wraps
- Bumper stickers
- Vinyl banners with grommets
Graphic design and binding options
- Graphic designing for your print job or signage
- Cutting, folding, stapling, numbering, collating
- Foil stamping/custom die cutting
- Mailing postcards and envelopes
- Variable printing (addressing)
Technology Help Desk staff are available to answer calls and emails from staff with technology-related questions.
Campus Technology Assistants and Specialists are the first line of support for campus personnel. CTAs and CTSs are on-site at schools to assist teachers and staff with tech support.
Check out the Tech Support intranet page for tips and click-sheets.
Translation and interpretation
Translation and Interpretation Services (TIS) promotes effective communication between GISD and the families we serve.
Translation & Interpretation Services provides professional interpretation and translation services to make sure the District effectively communicates with parents and students in any language at any time.
Points to Remember:
- Translation is when the written word is changed from one language into another language
- Interpretation is when the spoken word is changed from one language into another language
- Only District staff can request translation and/or interpretation services
For more information, contact the Communications and Public Relations department.
Video production and broadcasting (GRS-TV)
GRS-TV is the district's television production studio that creates promotional and informational videos that spotlight district programs, departments and schools.
Videos produced by GRS-TV can be viewed on cable TV and on YouTube.
GRS-TV can provide the following services to district employees:
- Broadcasting a promotional or informational slide on the cable channels
- Filming an event
- Producing a video to showcase students and staff
- Creating a training or informational video
For more information, contact: