Parent involvement is welcomed and encouraged. Students with involved parents are more likely to perform well in school.
Students with involved parents, no matter what their income or background, are more likely to:
- earn high grades and test scores, and enroll in higher-level programs
- pass their classes, earn credits, and be promoted
- attend school regularly
- graduate and go on to postsecondary education
We welcome and encourage parent involvement in school and district activities. The Department of Family and Community Engagement (FACE) offers parent education workshops and programs as well as parent and family engagement services. Visit our Volunteer page to learn about the many volunteer opportunities available to parents who want to get involved.
Our parent involvement policy explains how our district supports the important role that parents play in the education of their children.
- GISD Parent and Family Engagement Policy
- GISD Parent and Family Engagement Policy - Spanish
- GISD Parent and Family Engagement Policy - Vietnamese